Meet our volunteers
Our dedicated team of volunteers includes children and adults. Children are welcome to glean with their parents as long as they are supervised. It is a great way for families to serve together!
We understand it is important to respect the property of the farmer. For that reason, every Fields of Grace volunteer is trained on-site prior to gleaning. Volunteers also are asked to complete a registration & liability waiver.
Ways to Engage
Opportunities to get involved with Fields of Grace include:
- Gleaning: join weekday or Saturday gleaning events throughout the harvest season
- Transport produce: volunteers with trucks/trailer hitch are needed to transport crates of produce from the gleaning site to local food banks
- Field Supervisor: Conduct site visit prior to scheduled gleaning to ensure landowner concerns are addressed. On day of gleaning, supervise harvest and direct volunteers to ensure safety.
- Prayer Team: Have your name added to our monthly email prayer requests
- Fundraising: Share your ideas for raising funds and help lead fundraising activities